Transitional care is provided when someone moves from one care setting – such as a hospital, skilled nursing facility, rehabilitation center or even their home – to another. Coordinated care provided by Elder Independence Home Care’s experienced caregivers combined with a strong support system at home can allow for a smooth transition and reduce your loved one’s risk of hospital or rehabilitation readmission.
Our short-term transitional care services allow our team to:
- Incorporate discharge instructions into a client’s plan of care
- Pick up prescriptions, provide medication reminders and help the client adhere to their prescribed regimen
- Educate the client, caregivers and family members on warning signs for chronic conditions
- Assist clients with scheduling and attending follow-up medical appointments
- Assist with personal care services such as bathing, grooming and personal hygiene
- Help with meal preparation, laundry and light housekeeping
- Provide companion care services
- Provide home care services as needed
As you or a loved one prepares for discharge, call us at (501) 847-6102 or contact us online for a free consultation. We can provide as much or as little support needed to help have a safe transition home. Our caregivers are available 24/7 including holidays, and we customize our care based on each client’s needs and preferences.