When a loved one is hospitalized, they may still require someone to stay with them to ensure their comfort and safety. With hospital sitter services provided by Elder Independence Home Care, sitters are attentive to your loved one at all times and keep the nurses and physicians updated on the patient’s condition without being involved in the medical treatment. Hospital sitters are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week for anyone who needs us … from senior adults who may be disoriented to pediatric patients when a family member cannot be at the hospital with them. Having a sitter with your loved one while they are hospitalized helps to ensure that they get the services they need, are kept safe and often improves the outcome of the patient’s illness. The one-on-one care and advocacy for your loved one provides both patient and family an extra level of comfort during hospitalization.
Our hospital sitters:
- Help prevent patient falls and assist with getting in or out of bed
- Assist with meal tray service and snacks
- Prevent pulling out of tubes or oxygen connections
- Offer companionship by reading to the patient or playing games which may reduce boredom
- Keep patient’s area neat and clean
- Alert hospital staff in the event of a change or emergency
- Contact family for regular updates or in case of emergency
When the time comes for your loved one to be released from the hospital, be sure to check out our Short-Term Transitional Care services to make the change from hospital to home less stressful.
If you are interested in our hospital sitter services, please contact us at (501) 847-6102 or contact us online for a free consultation. Our caregivers are available 24/7 including holidays, and we customize our care based on each client’s needs and preferences.